NHS24 Scottish Centre for Telehealth (United Kingdom)
[Competence Centre] NHS24 - The Scottish Centre for Telehealth is new EHTEL member from early 2011.
EHTEL Member Homepage: www.sct.scot.nhs.uk
Information provided by the member:
The Scottish Centre for Telehealth (SCT) was established in 2006 to support and guide the development of telehealth for clinical, managerial and educational purposes across Scotland. This involves working across boundaries with industry, academia, local authorities and NHS Boards to develop recognised models for redesigning care.
The Centre’s role is to provide support and advice to NHS Boards and help evaluate the potential benefits of new technologies, with the aim of making Scotland a recognised global leader in telehealth. Specifically the Centre was tasked with
- Disseminating best practice
- Providing practical support, both clinical and technical
- Co-ordinating the evaluation of projects
- Evaluating the impact of telehealth on service redesign
- Developing inter-operable standards and protocols
Contact:The Scottish Centre for Telehealth
Tel: +44 (0) 1224285680